Starting at the foot of the sail, make the first fold
about 18 to 20 inches up from the foot.
Make a similar sized fold further up on the sail and
lay the second fold on the first.
Continue in this manner until the whole sail
is neatly folded.
Make sure the sail is smooth and free of creases.
the packing fold across the width of the sail.
Fold the sail
over and over about 18 to 20 inches or small enough
to fit the box you are going to use
Ground Rules for
NOTE: Upon arrival at our loft your
sails will be measured for square footage and then inspected
for any repairs or
adjustments that we feel are needed in addition to any
repairs or modifications that you would like us to address.
- We receive sails via UPS, FedEx, DHL & USPS, all
seem to work well. Over 200 customers a year personally
bring in their sails for processing or stop by for parts
and accessories from our store. Be careful using "Pack
& Send" type of places, the extras could add
up. I would go easy on the insurance, as we have had
only one sail lost in 23 years.
- We use UPS to return your sails when they are finished.
- Please do not ship the sails with the battens in
the pockets as they may get broken in shipping and could
cause damage to the sail.
- Please do not pack the sails with "PEANUTS"
as they are not needed and are a nightmare in the loft,
and are costly to dispose of.
- Only send the sail bags if you want the bag repaired
- Any hardware that you can remove would be greatly
appreciated, except slides or hanks.
- Lengths of line that are attached to the sail will
be removed because they can get lost. If your sail comes
in tied up with some line or bungie cords, they will
- Insignias, numbers, and draft stripes that are stuck
to the sail may need to be sewn down before processing
if it is determined that they might dislodge or come
further loose when processing, and there is a charge
- Initial inspection before processing does not always
reveal all the issues that need to be dealt with on
- After processing your sail is again inspected. If
additional issues surface you will be notified and advised
before we proceed. (You can't see all the nicks and
scratches in the paint of a car until after it's been
- Laminate sails, Mylar/Kevlar,cannot be processed.
Some can be repaired or modified, however, so please
call before you send them.
send sails to
410 9th Street,
Ford City, PA 16226